How do you use bantering?
How do you use bantering?
The conversation, while not specially brilliant, was unforced and gayly bantering. Instantly his attitude of good-natured bantering and pompous boastfulness dropped from him. Gilbert’s voice had changed from its bantering note to a note of resolve. He never could resist the temptation of bantering and snubbing them.
Are you bantering me meaning?
: to speak or act playfully or wittily The two friends bantered with each other. banter.
How do you use barb in a sentence?
Barb sentence example
- Although called an Arabian, there is little doubt he was a Barb pure and simple.
- Spanker himself was by D’Arcy’s Yellow Turk from a daughter of the Morocco Barb and Old Bald Pegg by an Arab horse from a Barb mare.
- Europe are descended from the dun type; with more or less admixture of Barb blood.
How do you use bountiful in a sentence?
Examples of bountiful
- They are also bountiful hunting grounds for stoats and weasels.
- Then there is the question of glass, for which the raw material required is sand, which is in bountiful supply.
- We had a report that it was a bountiful harvest.
What is banter club?
BANTER CLUB “They are a football club that every other club looks at and can laugh at. “This is a club which has a huge reputation and a huge history: winning league titles, signing world class players.”
How do you use Bonzer in a sentence?
The groundswell of support for the foursome would probably have ensured a bonzer year for them anyway but a little extra push is always welcome. I wouldn’t bet against her becoming a bonzer handler and I’ll raise a glass of grog to her success.
What is a fanny flutter?
Fanny flutter is a tingling sensation a woman gets when she is aroused. It’s believed that having a fanny flutter can also mean a woman is on the verge of reaching her orgasm.
What does geezer mean in English?
Definition of geezer 1 US, informal, humorous or mildly disparaging : an odd, eccentric, or unreasonable person (usually a man) especially : an old man an old geezer It may suggest only that the offender is … a geezer perhaps, too old and set in his ways to know what’s new in the world. —
What is verb in sentence?
Verbs are the action words in a sentence that describe what the subject is doing. Along with nouns, verbs are the main part of a sentence or phrase, telling a story about what is taking place. Ran, eats and gallop are the ‘action’ parts of those sentences, thus they are the verbs.
What is bountiful blessings?
2 giving freely; generous.
How do you use the word divine?
In the Christian tradition, the world exists only as an act of divine favour.
- He claimed to know these things by divine revelation.
- They saw the floods as a sign of divine wrath.
- He saw the English victory as a sign of divine displeasure.
- A degree does not give you a divine right to wealth.
What does banter mean in slang?
Banter refers to a form of jesting or to the act of exchanging joking repartee. Although the word once meant “ridicule,” and though it has a regional sense “a challenge or dare” (as in, “he performed a banter [or banner], jumping from the roof onto the snowbank”), in modern use it usually refers to a light-hearted form of wit.
What is another word for banter?
banter(v. a.) Synonyms: jeer, joke, rally, quiz, ridicule, taunt, twit, deride, mock, make fun of, make sport of, make merry with, play upon, make a butt of. banter(n.) Synonyms: raillery, ridicule, mockery, derision, persiflage, pleasantry, BADINAGE, ASTEISM, joking, jesting, quizzing, frivolous talk, small talk.
What is the plural of banter?
The plural form of banter is also banter.