How do you say welcome in Rwanda?
How do you say welcome in Rwanda?
Key to abbreviations: frm = formal, inf = informal, sg = singular (said to one person), pl = plural (said to more than one person)….Here is a list of daily phrases in Kinyarwanda.
|Hello (General greeting)||Muraho Bite (inf)|
How do you say hello in Rwandese?
Gatarina: Uraho. Hello. Dawidi: Uraho nawe. Hello.
How do you say thank you in Rwandese?
Mwarakoze cyane kuduha Ibyanditswe bya Kigiriki. “Thank you very much.” “Murakoze cyane!”
How do you say I miss you in Kinyarwanda?
- gukumbura (-ye) /gukûumbura/ v to miss, be lonesome for. ndagukumbuye – I miss you.
- kubura (-ze) /kubûra/ v 1. to lack, miss, not find 2. to lose, mislay.
How do you say you’re welcome in Kinyarwanda?
You’re welcome Murakaza neza.
What is I love you in Kinyarwanda?
I love you!” Muri ab’igiciro cyinshi kandi ndabakunda rwose!”
How do you say beautiful in Kinyarwanda?
- umunyaburanga (aba-) n 1 2 beautiful or handsome person , from nya- and uburanga.
- ubwiza n 14 beauty, glory, quality , from -iza.
- uburanga /uburaanga/ n 14 facial beauty, beauty , from kuranga.
- -iza /iizâ/ adj 1. good, fine 2.
- ubushongore n 14 haughtiness, pride, beauty , from kwishongora.
How do you say welcome in Kirundi?
Amahoro (a-ma-ho-ro): Peace In order to greet someone in Kirundi, or wish them well on their journey, you would say ‘Gira amahoro’, which translates to ‘have peace’.
How do you say goodbye in Kirundi?
- Bwakeye / Mwaramutse – hello, good morning!
- Mwiriwe – good afternoon/evening.
- Ijoro ryiza – good night.
- Turabonaye / Nakagaruka – see you later.
- N’agasaga – see you, good bye.
- Urakomeye? – how are you? ( reply: ego/ndakomeye = I’m well)
- Amakuru? – What’s news?
- Amahoro – peace, widely used as greetins (reply: n’amahoro)
How do you say yes in Kirundi?
Kirundi basic phrases
- Oya – no.
- Ego – yes.
- Ingo – come!
- Cane – much, many, a lot, very (Ndashonje cane – I’m very hungry)
- Gose (gose cane) – many, much (stronger than cane)
- Buhorobuhoro/bukebuke – slowly.
- Mpore! – attention!
- Bangwe! – stop!
Is Kirundi and Swahili the same?
Burundi’s official languages are Rundi (Kirundi), a Bantu language that is the standard medium of communication throughout the country, and French. Swahili, the language of trade, is widely spoken in Bujumbura, as is French.
Is there a free English translation of Rwanda?
Get Babylon’s Translation Software Free Download Now! More: English to Spanish translation of Rwanda (n.) = Ruanda. Ex: The author explains the devastation that affected libraries and archives during the war, genocide and political killings that befell Rwanda 1990-94. Get Babylon’s Translation Software Free Download Now!
Are there any useful phrases in Kinyarwanda language?
A collection of useful phrases in Kinyarwanda, a Bantu language spoken in mainly in Rwanda. See these phrases in any combination of two languages in the Phrase Finder.
What is the Bantu language spoken in Rwanda?
More: English to English translation of Rwanda Rwanda (Ruanda) is a Bantu language spoken in Rwanda, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Tanzania and Uganda. In 1959, three years before independence from Belgium, the majority ethnic group, the Hutus, overthrew the ruling Tutsi king.
How to translate God’s name in Kinyarwanda Dictionary?
Ijambo ry’Ikigiriki ryahinduwemo “umwuka” ari ryo pneuʹma, nanone rishobora gusobanura imbaraga zitagaragara. He used God’s name in his translation but preferred the form Yahweh.